Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chicken love


Just to prove that our chickens have it pretty good... no more sitting incidents since I wrote about that a few months ago, I have to post this pic. It's one of my favorites.

We've started letting the chickens out into our back yard from time to time. They have an outdoor fenced area, but that has been pretty thoroughly scratched and picked, so now they get bored and wait for us at the fence gate. We can only have them out while we are watching them, to avoid them meandering over into either neighbors yard. They happily cluck, scratch and peck in the woods, dry leaves flying out behind them. Getting them back into the chicken yard has proved easier than I thought, all it takes is a white bucket. They'll follow us all over the yard just to see whats in the white bucket. Today's treat? strawberry tops, homemade pizza crusts and the corn cobs from lunch today.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think you should blow this up in black and white and frame it. It screams "little boy" - I love it Lisa!